Sunday, May 9, 2010

Domestic Goddess?

As we didn't make it to the restaurant, I decided to make a dish from the Asian cookbook that my friends in KL bought me as a leaving gift. I came across it yesterday when having a massive purging session, throwing out old stuff from KL that was just silly to keep - yes, even down to my old Fitness First card and business cards - no point holding onto idol crap.

So I cooked Pork in peanut sauce! It was amazing, so fun to cook from scratch with Chinese spices (all found in Budgens - amazing!) the ingredients cost £10 in all and the meal was totally awesome - Mada had the job of cutting up the veggies and me the meat and making the marinade and cooking the whole lot. I was so proud of my first attempt to cook Malaysian (style) food and so we've decided to write in the book with every dish we cook giving it a rating out of 10 and how we can improve the taste for next time :o)

Looking forward to cooking together in our own home together, we're getting there, second mortgage assessment just around the corner, then (fingers crossed) it will be a decent borrowing amount and we can start looking at houses in REAL LIFE as opposed to browsing on line.

1 comment:

Melancholy Thongs said...

awwwww.... lovely.. u must try to make laksa from scratch next! :P

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."