Thursday, January 14, 2010

Bummed Out.

Community spirit is up around our hood, somehow the snow has united people. People also seem to be working together to make life easier. People are more friendly on the roads, they'll stop and help push your car if it gets stuck and they'll give you a hand if you slip over. The train waits just 5 seconds more for you to get on just in time and your boss doesn't yell at you for not showing up for work.

On the other side, so many people complain about the council not doing enough - roads not being gritted, train delays, power cuts for more than 48 hours. Yes it's cold, yes it's icy, yes its hard work but I wish people would look at the positive and good things that have come from the situation.

Whatever the council do, however perfect, fault will always be found. Why? Because we are British. We like to complain. We ought to be more thankful. I keep thinking of all those in Haiti. Surely they are worse off than us? Yes they are. So bare that in mind next time you moan about our country. We're doing alright.

It is hard though isn't it? To keep positive. I heard a quote I liked the other day by Winston Churchill:

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

I like this and it's very true. No matter how rubbish things are we must always look at the good in it all. Generally speaking, I believe I do but everyone has their off days (week, in my case).

Right now, I'm having a crap week and yes, I'm feeling sorry for myself. I feel like I have no direction in my career, I feel lost in the middle of it all, I want us to buy our house but we're yet to see our mortgage advisor and even begin looking and I miss my friends in KL dearly.

But of course, I continue to try and keep the positive in mind - I HAVE a job, I HAVE a home to live in, I HAVE friends (lovely friends) here. But it's hard, you know.

Everyday living seems monotonous, nothing to aim for, nothing to look forward to no targets to be met, no achievements to be made.

I know its just a moo(!) point and it will pick up soon. I guess this is just everyday, reality. Maybe I should just suck it up, and deal with it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."