Monday, March 2, 2009

Discipline

Oh gosh, I am going ahead with something I know I probably shouldn't be going ahead with, but, I just can't turn down the challenge - i am bordering on agreeing to the KL marathon on the 28th June.

For the last two months I'd say on average I have run 15km (if that) a week, and as usual, despite cutting down my partying to non existence I still find myself looking absolutely exhausted everyday. Most of the time i have been so busy with work I've barely been able to make it to the gym and then when i do, I have a serious lack of energy.

But I really, really want to accomplish this dam marathon, so I'm going to put a training plan in place tomorrow evening - I have to look at running 20 - 40 KM per week, every week until the marathon in order to be able to complete it. Or so I'm told/ have read.

I just have to pass the pain threshold, cut down the weight training and concentrate on the running. I just wanna do it SO badly.

This means no more late Friday nights and early get ups EVERY Saturday in order to fit in one long run a week. And that means I have to run religiously AT LEAST twice a week. Sigh. Can I fit it in? Speaking of religiously it may mean that if I want to run more I may have to miss the odd church session (or go Saturday evenings) JUST so I can make time to have at least one lie in a week. Man, they say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, but this may just kill me.

It's not like i have a busy schedule, but I do feel like the people around me don't realise how much training occupies my time and also, they don't seem to understand that I actually enjoy it. It's times like this when i wish I had just one friend who was into sport.

I'll let you know when I have decided. Actually I have already decided that I want to do it, I just don't want to let myself down by not completing it.

Now see this guy http://oldmanrunning.org/ is my hero - 73 and still running...!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."