Friday, September 11, 2009

And we wait... and wait some more...

Well it would seem that all the crossed fingers and bowed heads had some effect. Yesterday I had my interview and it went extremely well, I was really confident and the interview flowed really smoothly. So much so that the woman interviewing me asked that I come back today for a few hours to meet the team and find out more about the job etc.

Everyone kept saying "you've nailed it" but I didn't want to get over confident so just kept saying "let's just wait and see yeh?" but secretly hoping I'd get it.

I went in this morning and her assistant started to show me the ropes - lots of jargon and terms I had never heard of before, thrown my way. I kept cool and played the "Uh-hu" (nodding as if I know) game. The girl training me reminded me of Amanda from Ugly Betty. She was sweet as pie (too sweet a pie) and dressed like she was out of the pull - as soon as we got down to the work she made ever so sly comments about the team which I couldn't help but notice had a slightly sharp edge.

"There are lots of "personalities" in the team"
"It depends what time THEY decide to roll in on a Monday"
"It's THEIR job, not mine"


After a while she off loaded me to another team member who was an absolute genuine sweetheart. She seemed more interested in telling me about what she did and asked about my previous job etc. I felt like I got on better with her and her colleague. After a few hours, my potential manager told me I could head off as she had to go out for a meeting herself and that she would call me before the end of the day.

It's 17.06 and she STILL hasn't called. Which doesn't REALLY surprise me, given how unorganised they seemed to have been to date. The office closes at 5.30 - to call or not to call? Tis the question. I also have her mobile number - do I call it? Argh. I can't handle having ANOTHER weekend of WAITING to see if I am the CHOSEN one. I feel like I've nailed it but still have the sick-icky feeling in my stomach waiting on the confirmation.

If I do get the job, then this is definitely a sign of things to come, that they are, generally an unorganised cooperation, although judging by the work flow and order of processes they seem to be quite on top of things, so who bloomin' knows. All I know is that I want this job, with this company. For some reason or another, I just feel that this is the job, this is the one.

21 minutes til the weekend. We wait for the call...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."