Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Another new beginning...

I've been a bit slack and a bit dull on the blogging front. Only because I was unemployed... but YES! Finally! I have a job! THE job, that I was hoping for, the radio station job. After finally hearing from my future manager at 17.28 on Friday afternoon it was confirmed that I will be starting with my new company the day after my half marathon - hahaha! Out of all the dates to start my new job, having been unemployed for 3 months I just HAVE to go and start the day after running 13.1 mils - don't I?? Oh well, I shan't complain, I am most happy :o) So, just under two weeks of freedom left and I'm using the time to run all those errands I put off, to skype and email friends from afar and spend time with my boyfriend, family and friends.

Over the weekend it was my Shrub's birthday so we planned a surprise meal for her at Jamie's Itallian, a Jamie Oliver restuarant in Kingston . Wasn't sure if it would be mega expensive and commercial but it was a complete delight! The food was delicious, the atmosphere funky/ laid back/ cool and the company, well obviously was second to none (went with Shrub, Billy and the boy).

This week I'm still busy busy, with going up to Standford Bridge tonight for a Chelsea match, Coldplay on Saturday and the half marathon the following Sunday - eek. All lots of fun.

Have decided that October will be all about work - I need to budget carefully, crack down with my job and chill out a little so really, I feel like everything falls into place well. Before we know it, it will be Christmas, 2009 is turning out to be quite the year I had hoped, wished and prayed for ;o)

I bought "Excel for dummies" today as I noticed my work uses it A LOT just in the few hours I was there... best crack on with actually learning how to auto-sum figures, rather than typing in the sum having calculated it on an actual calculator - yes, that isn't a joke i DO do that :o)

1 comment:

Name: Jonny said...

Great Mother of Christ!
=SUM(A1+A2)?! Ever heard of Google dear? Why didya buy a book?! I am shocked! :-O

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."