Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Part Time Blogger

So sue me, I haven't blogged in a week! I guess I've just been so caught up with ensuring my life is in tip-top shape before I start my new job NEXT WEEK that I got a little distracted!

Quite a lot to update you on, but I don't really have the patience to sit and write for ages so I'm gonna put it all in a little summary. Lazy - I know!

- COLDPLAY. We went to the Viva La Vida gig on Saturday night. Would have been excellent (and nearly was) but the heavens opened about 2 minutes before Coldplay started and we got absolutely soaked! Ruining my brand new £150 leather jacket (which I subsequently returned and got an exchange on - phew!). Saying that, despite being freezing cold and wet, random piss being chucked on us (don't ask) and being much further back than we would have liked, Coldplay were bloody fantastic and we had an amazing time. I kept thinking back to their last gig we went to in 2005 when everything was all so different... who would have thought what I would have been through in these last 4 years. Unbelievable. It was quite funny when Chris Martin decided that all 70,000 of us would perform an X Factor audition for Simon Cowell :o) I posted the video on FB and will try and import it onto my blog later. Saying that, I'm sure someone will have posted a better quality version on You Tube.

OK, I was right, here you go!



A few days before that, the boyfriend and I went to see Chelsea play at Standford Bridge. We had really good seats and I could actually here the players shouting at each other. It was really fun being there together, kinda like a momentous occasion in my eyes... I was so thankful that they (*cough* sorry "WE") won as I was worried I'd be a bad omen... turns out Chelsea have won every premiership game so far this season, so although I don't like to say it aloud, perhaps I am the Boy's lucky charm (now I've said that they're bound to lose!!). I'd like to go and see some more games, it was really fun!

Sunday will be the half marathon which feels like it's been a long time coming. I've been looking forward to it so much and trained so much harder than I have for any run before (let us not forget that I have been unemployed for 4 months - how could we forget!). I am excited although my Sister doesn't really seem that up for it anymore and it's kinda put an edge on the whole thing. Hopefully she will buck up on the day and we'll have a blast. The boyfriend wants to come and support me, which really means a lot to me.. I remember all those years ago cheering him on in his Triathlon so it's real nice that he is coming to support me. I want to make him proud :o)

And of course Monday brings the new job :o) I'm nervous and excited all in one. Have bought two new outfits and hope to buy a couple more items this week before I start - I'm sure there will be plenty of blogs to come about that so watch this space!

In between all of the above, I've been sporting my "Team Cheryl" T shirt courtesy of www.boohoo.com been taking care of my fabulous Gran with yummy lunches and trips to the theatre, and generally prancing about.

I can't wait for next week - be it good or bad, it's the new start that I'm ready to take on.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."