Monday, September 7, 2009

Runners

On Saturday the boy and i ventured into the dark depths of Woking to find a well known running shop called Sweatshop. Seeing as I have been suffering from severe blisters on the soles of my feet lately, I have been getting kinda anxious, seeing as the next half marathon is only some 3 weeks away.

I was really, really impressed with their customer service. The gent that served me first looked at my trainers, then my posture, the curve of my feet, the way I walked and the way I ran. From that he was able to tell me if my feet roll when I run, if they turn in/ out, if I'm well balanced etc and then choose a preferable trainer for me from there.

He actually said the trainers I wear at the moment are quite good, but better for short distances (more like 5-10K runs) and that for longer distances I needed more support. He suggested the Adistar Ride (which I tried) and another few brands.

The Adistar Ride's were amazingly padded, supporting and bulky, I feel like they'd be good to run in. But in all honesty he told me the reason behind my blisters may be that the socks I'm wearing are not allowing my feet to breathe enough and therefore causing blisters. So instead of paying 95 squid on some new runners I choose the 9 pound socks and gave them a whirl yesterday - I could actually feel the difference.

I was really impressed that the guy didn't try and sell me trainers to make commission but more so, gave honest, friendly advice. All the same, I'm convinced I need new runners now and seeing as we found them on line for 80, I may just buy them anyway. I'm allowed to treat myself as yesterday I counted up all my foreign currencies I had from my travels and it came to over 100 quid! So technically, its some free money I didn't know I had.. so i may order them online this afternoon.

visit www.sweatshop.co.uk

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."