Sunday, September 21, 2008

Being Comfortable In My Own Skin

Well, I’m nearly two weeks into it and thought it about time to update you. I can now confirm, 100% that this was the right decision for me. Strangely enough the last two weeks have also been a time for reflection about me, in general. For the first time in my life I found, that rather than obsessing over things in my life I was able to take a step back and simply reassess me, and it’s not as scary as I first thought.

Whilst getting the braces was a big build up (10 years to be exact) after the initial first days I really don’t see the braces any more, I just see me, and me comes with braces, ya get me? My only thing I haven’t come to terms with is that I don’t feel like I can wear my glasses with them yet – lol, baby steps, baby steps.

The first few days, well, week + actually, was horrendous purely because of the pain. My gosh, I had no idea that the level of discomfort would be so bad and I have a strong pain tolerance. What I expected was maybe a “sore mouth” (whatever that is!) but instead I experienced gum, teeth, cheek, lip, jaw, head, neck, eyes, head and face pain. So much so that I actually had to take a half day off work.

It was unbearably painful to eat and even two weeks on I still can’t quite bite with my front teeth, they are so sensitive. But saying that, it’s amazing to believe but several friends (unprompted by me) have actually told me that my upper jaw already seems to have “set back” and I can actually see my “bucked” tooth I hated so much is practically in line with the straight one! I am so happy and keep thinking Hollywood smile Hollywood smile JJJ

Ironically, after a week of liquids, loss of 1 kilo and regain of the use of my jaw later, on Friday (today being Sunday) I will be having the lower braces fixed. So no doubt, I have to prepare myself to go through the pain all… over… again! SIGH!! But, it will ALL BE WORTH IT!
I mentioned before that I would keep track of any comments positive and negative which I received whilst wearing my braces, but to be honest, I don’t know if it’s being in this country (as in people really don’t give a shit/ are not pretentious) no one really gives a f*** haha J they are just like, oh you got braces, why? You have nice teeth. Haha.

So all is good. Update you again after Friday’s appointment.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."