Sunday, September 21, 2008

Have Faith

I had the most amazing day yesterday, but it wasn’t what I did, it was the conversations that I was enwrapped in with my boyfriend.

A few years ago, I lost my faith in God. I went through a terrible time in my life and when I needed him to hold my hand he did not and when I wanted it all to disappear it simply wouldn’t. And I realized that I was being saved. For a while I resented ‘Him’ so much but after some time I came to realize that I was special and that life was worth living after all. I had been given a second chance.

My boyfriend told me the story behind ‘Amazing Grace’ a few weeks ago whilst we were chatting about this and that (he loves to sing this song) and I smiled inside and out knowing that this song was me.

“Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, who saved a wretch like me. I once was lost and now am found, was blind and now I see…”

Yesterday, Blanks and I sat eating carrot cake, drinking Lemon Tea and chain smoking Marlboros and something felt right and I told him the story of my losing and once again, finding of Faith. I have never felt so connected and understood by anyone in my life. His eyes glistened with tears as he said “Do you know, that you are very loved?” and asked me to kiss him.

I felt loved in a way that I can’t describe. I think it was God’s love.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."