Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Leave me alone

Everything is an effort. Although I'm happy, everything seems so tiresome and hard work. Even when I'm at my happiest, I get accused of being moody or irritable or erratic. Which I am, all three, but trying very hard not to be.

Even when I'm smiling I get told it's a fake smile. Sometimes it is, but inside there is a real smile trying to come out. When you wind me up just for kicks it pisses me off. When I try to do something nice because i care, it comes across as not being genuine.

I know who i am, stop trying to make me be someone i'm not. I can look after myself, I have always looked after myself. Even all those years before i went away, I was never looked after, i always supported myself. I might not have done it well, I might have mucked up along the way, but inevitably i got there.

I know you care but stop making me feel so useless. I know what I'm doing, everything will work out. Stop pressuring me, let me do what I want, let me live my own life. I can't report to you, you do not own me. I can respect you but I will not live the life of a child - i do not need nurturing. I need to be left alone.

Give me some space, let me breathe.

In other words, just occasionally, fuck off and leave me alone.

Thanks.

2 comments:

Melancholy Thongs said...

Oh hon ... :( Wish I was there for you

Bubs said...

Awh thanks my lovely. I was just having a really bad day and needed to vent.

And hunni, you're always there for me, distance is nothing in friendship xxx

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."