Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Train & Tan???

For many men and women across the UK, summertime is about getting a summer tan. Some use sunbeds, others fake tan, occasionally spray-on or fake bake, but for me, I like the good old fashioned UVA infested sun.

Despite being back for nearly 9 weeks I haven't actually had the opportunity to lie in the sun. Firstly being that we haven't really had much of a summer yet, but secondly, on the days when we do, I seem to be recklessly searching the world of the Internet for jobs and feeling discouraged and crappy and spending the last few hours of daylight in the gym pumping out my aggression and frustration.

However, to my disbelief I noticed something rather odd and somewhat horrifying this morning. Whilst moisturising those hard-to-reach bits of my back, I glanced over my shoulder into the mirror to ensure it was all rubbed in and suddenly, glaring back at me were the most hideous tan lines that ever graced planet earth!

No, they weren't streaks of orange, or bright red burnt bits, they were nothing less than my sports bra strap marks THICK and criss-crossed across my upper back. Not. Sexy. HOW in God's name has this happened??

Well, as I say, despite the lack of glorious sunshine, come rain or shine (mostly drizzle/ cloud) I venture out with my Sister once weekly (sometimes twice) for a long run which usually exceeds 1 hour. So, over the last 9 weeks I have obviously gained some sort of "natural glow" (you might call it) from being in the day light and not cooped up in an office (OK, OK, we all know I don't work in an office) OR dingy house.

Whilst of course I am happy that I still have a warm sunny look to my skin i am really not a fan of the big, fat and somewhat lesbianesque strap marks on my back. It looks ridiculous and is only going to become more prominent the more i train for this dam half marathon (remind me again why I run)?

Now, if Nike or Lululemon designed a strapless sports bra then we'd be talking. Hhhmmm, new career idea?

Maybe not.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."