Monday, August 10, 2009

Make Wishes Come True

Friday turned out to be quite the day. Not only did my shipment come through in all its glory, but I got a call from Make A Wish Foundation offering me an interview for tomorrow. MAWF are a charity who organise "wishes" to come true for Children who are suffering from incurable illnesses/ life threatening conditions. The role I have applied for is "volunteer coordinator" which will involve working from their head office and travelling around the country to regional offices coordinating the volunteer projects to raise money so that children may be a pop star for the day or meet their favourite celebrity. I'm really excited! How rewarding would this job be?

I have to do a 10 minute presentation on how I will communicate and work with the regional offices. I started working on it yesterday and have the main core, today I will get my head down and work on the exact wording and presentation of my ideas. I feel quite confident with my ideas so far, it's just it will be a complete career change for me so I'm just praying that my enthusiasm, personality and strong will, will carry me through to success.

"WISH" me luck...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."