Monday, July 6, 2009

Chi Sin Gweilo!!

A few close friends went to an "Asian Fusion" restaurant on Friday night. As it transpires all of the staff were of a Chinese Descent.

Suddenly my friend pipes up with "Chi sin gweilo!" and i burst out laughing! Everyone turned to me saying, what, what did he say?? Through hysterics (as my friend has even been to any Chinese speaking country) I said, he just called me a crazy man!

One thing led to another and before i knew it, i was rolling out one word profanities and one liners to my friends. So every time we got served, one opf them would say "mg goi" or "gum xia" or "xia xia" Wahaha.

The waiting staff were in hysterics and word soon got round that the (drunken) foursome at the end of the restaurant spoke Cantonese and other Chinese dialects. It just so happened that fortunately enough, I could understand EVERYTHING that the restaurant manager said! So when I replied with "Hoe sik" my friends were DESPERATE to know what we were saying :)

Next I got Bombies on the phone (poor girl, I was hammered, she had probably just got up) and had her translating on the phone for me - WHAT a hoot!

The rest of the weekend continued in a similar fashion, with playing Wii at the boy's house and travelling up to Oxford to go to Bicester Village to look at discount designers. I came back with a lip gloss (MAC) and a heavy heart after trying on a dress reduced from £600 to £200 that I HAD to say no to :(



~ the candy stripped one... sigh...

In the evening we all went for Curry, a buffet for all you can eat £12.95. I gave up with Tamil. I only know "Venakam" ;)

Weekend Anthem...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."