Friday, July 24, 2009

Dance like Cheryl Cole

Have you got that Boom Boom POW? or are you a HEARTBREAKER?

Last night my Sister and I went to our first dance class at StreetDanceUK in Reading (I think, I need to double confirm with her) and it was awesome.

The class costs £4.50 and is 1 hour (although with warm up/ cool down you're looking at 45mins max). There were only 4 of us (including ourselves) that attended the class and we were walked through a routine to, my current fdavourite tune, Boom Boom Pow, by the Black Eyed Peas.

The pace was good, the teacher was thorough, friendly and although a great dancer, not intimidating. We had a blast. Of course, we only learnt about 30 seconds worth of the routine, but these steps are fast moving and take time and practice to get it right.

I was pleasently surpised with how well I managed the moves, most of which were odd body pops and shapes which i tend to throw on the dance floor anyway (Bombie can vouch for that, hehe).

Halfway through my Sister turned to me and said, I don't feel like I'm getting the sexiness of it - I told her to untie her hair, even if you can't get the steps right, throwing your sexy long hair about and popping your hips looks pretty hawt anyway.

Am TOTALLY going next week, another hobby added to the list.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."