Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I'm on KRAC

I meant to write about this sooner, but didn't get round to it, which is pretty lame really considering I'm unemployed (yes, still).

To keep me occupied, to spend time with friends and improve my training plan for the half marathon in September I set up a running club with my friends.

On Saturday I managed to rally up 6 of the 12 "members" and we did the 5 mile course around Virginia Waters. It really was fun.

My boy and billy went ahead, with Shrub and I following behind and Butdunc and her man shortly after us. Butdunc's other half carried a video camera around most of the way to record us "in action" - haha can't wait to see how that came out!

Shrub and I beat our personal best by 1min 30, completing the 5 miles in 38.30 mins. The boys beat us by 6 mins and Butdunc and her other half followed shortly behind.

Afterwards we went for a fantastic brunch at this really quaint/ semi posh cafe in Sunningdale. I had a bagel with scrambled egg, avocado and roasted peppers - it was delicious!

I had so much fun. It felt good to do something "normal" with friends, it made me feel settled in my life again. I hope we can all go again soon, I'm gonna push for this Sunday... but we'll see the reaction ;)

On the up, Mada has agreed to do the New York Marathon (Nov 2010) with me. After going on and on about wanting to go to NY and not being able to afford it this year, we're gonna try and kill 2 birds with one stone next year - how utterly awesome???

2 comments:

Melancholy Thongs said...

Don't forget we're suppose to get Andy to marry Joyce in 2010 also ;) Save up your funds to come to Kuching!

Bubs said...

Don't worry, I'll be there, but you know.. if Andy doesn't get his arse in gear and tell me (or Joyce) when it is then I will have to make other holiday plans... :S

Keep the pressure on him babes, I am doing all i can with constant msn nagging :P

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."