Sunday, November 2, 2008

FACT: Eating Jaffa Cakes Will Not Help You Complete A Half Marathon. But They Do Taste Good.

(written last night, but too tired to upload)

Thought it was about time I blogged about my Marathon training too, as I sit here this evening, in my joggers, watching SATC (I’m now on season 4) and eating my way through a pack of Jaffa Cakes. Yum!


Last week the team at the gym kindly informed me that they had signed me up for 30K Great Eastern run in January, cheers guys! But I’m still trying to come to terms with my half marathon which is in T -5 weeks – SHIT.


I was very well behaved yesterday and got up at stupid O’clock and made my way down to the Lake Gardens. It was freekin hot and I was glad I put sun screen on. Same old faces from when I use to train were there nodding reassuringly, waving a hand etc. Was nice.


After 4 laps (about 10K) my tummy was cramping and I had to go pang sai in the public toilet which wasn’t enjoyable in my sweaty state but I went, none the less, and paid 20c for the privilege! Was glad I had paper in my car – haha.


I went out again and managed another lap and a half and eventually gave up , the stomach pain was really bad. I was disappointed but at least I’d given it a go. Next weekend I’m going to try 15K again. Fingers crossed I’ll pull it off!

- As I upload this, I wonder if it's necessary to blog about bowel movements.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."