Thursday, November 6, 2008

Tell Someone Special That You Love Them Today

What an evening/ morning.

Yesterday I got a call from my Boss in HK advising me that my colleague's Husband had passed away and that she would be on leave until further notice. As if that wasn't bad enough, I then received a call at around midnight from my management in the UK, not only is a death tragic, it is so much worse when you find that they took their own life, by hanging them self.

The news greatly shocked me and before I had a chance to tell my colleague in the HK office who I think of as a little sister, she phones me - she was on the way to work and read about it in the South China Morning Post. Dam tabloids, how can they report such information before even close family and friends may know of such a tragedy?

I tried to console my little sis but she was very shaken up, I then came to the office and broke the news to my team. Even though they didn't know our colleague's Husband (I myself have met him on several occasions) they were all deeply shocked. I neglected to tell them how he killed himself, seems just too much information. I told them to go and phone their loved one's and let them know how much they love them.

I hear that my colleague of the deceased seems to be in shock. Understandably. Her husband passed away at 15.00 (HK time) and she called the UK office late in the eve our time and was 'working' from home to distract herself, apparently she was very matter of fact about it all. I feel so terrible for her and her two children left behind who are under the age of ten. Top that off of course with the fact that she got made redundant last week with the HK office closing and all, what a mess.

Last night I prayed for her and her Husband and her Children, that's all we can do, isn't it?

It really does put into perspective how small our own problems are...

http://www.thestandard.com.hk/news_detail.asp?pp_cat=11&art_id=73953&sid=21331074&con_type=3&d_str=20081106

http://www.scmp.com/portal/site/SCMP/menuitem.2c913216495213d5df646910cba0a0a0/?vgnextoid=98bca8259fc6d110VgnVCM100000360a0a0aRCRD&vgnextfmt=teaser&ss=Hong+Kong&s=News

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."