Sunday, November 9, 2008

Flippent Friends

OMG I'm so frickin annoyed! Gargh! After a really ace weekend which included the following:

- Dinner with Manc (even though it was with "expat wives" ergh!)
- Recovering from my major lau sai issues (although, now back to being constipated)
- Eating shit loads of food all day long on Saturday with Bombies, Mr and Miss J
- Evening service at Church
- Running 15K straight! Yes! I bloody well did it! Took me 1 hour 32 mins (No pang sai issues)
- Brunch with Snakkis at TGI Fridays - yum!
- Shopping and succesfully spending money I don't have (your average weekend it would seem)
- Managing to clean my entire apartment (Still didn't tackle my balcony though)
- Buying the well needed 'pole' from Evil Ikea (and buying two other uneccessary items)
- Evening coffee in Starbucks and doing a little work in preperation of my week ahead (training the new girl which I'm not paricularily looking forward to)

The one thing that didn't go to schedule was that Panda had msn'd me in the week suggesting she came over to mine today to laze by the pool in the arvo. I told her sure and to call me. To test the waters, I left the ball in her court and awaited her call. As I left the Pavilion at around 2.30 the rain was pouring down - no sunbathing for us. But I wondered to myself... would she still call?

Of course not. This is unreliable Panda we are talking about.

In a last attempt to see my "friend" who in the last month, I have seen 3 times, I text her the following: "hei missy, thought u wanted to hang out today? :P anyway, I'll be in Starbucks at The Curve shortly if u wanna grab coffee with me" the reply? "Heya :) it was raining lar. Having dinner. might pop by 2 say hi"

WTF????? How hard is it to text and say, hey! It's raining, shall we go for coffee instead? Sorry, but I've really had a feekin 'nough of this. I think I have come to learn, that Panda is not the sort of friend I can ever rely on. She seems to be what I call "single serving" - use once then throw away (she throwing away me, that is). I just find it unbelievable the amount of time and love I put into that friendship and then bam, she can become like this.

Friendship is just like any other relationship - like a marriage - you go through good times and bad times but if you want it to remain you have to contribute effort into it, if you want to remain friends.

Perhaps I shouldn't be so bitter, perhaps I should think about that saying "some friends are for a reason, some for a season and some for a life time" and get over it. Clearly she was a friend for a season... I know in my head my friends all over the world who are there for not just a reason, but a life time too.

Still pissed off though, but, I'm gonna use it as a learning curve. I just hate that I have to "use" this as a learning curve though. I know I fall into friendships too easily, but that's just me and I am going to get repeatedly hurt throughout my life because, it seems I have had several "learning curves" in my life and I'm only 25!! Perhaps I'll actually "learn" from this one!

On another matter, I just got an email from my ex-boyfriend from the UK. So he is in Singapore and I suggested we meet up when I'm over there for the Marathon next month. So he replies and is up for it. Oh, and casually throws in that he is getting married on the 13th. UM HELLO??? What is up with the universe? How is it that EVERYONE is getting married and I am STILL single?? I do say that in gest, but, I do wonder if I should get that kitten I've been on about... Spinsterism seems just around the corner. hehehe :)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."