Sunday, November 2, 2008

“For whoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved” Romans 10:13

Today was awesome, awesome, AWESOME! I am actually skipping about, rather than walking. I feel like one chapter has finished and another one has started!

Well, today I got reconfirmed at the SIB Church and it was by no means pre planned. I just planned to go with Bombies and Mr J and just enjoy another service, take more in and try and understand more about this Christianity Business.

Towards the end of the service, the Pastor asked people to raise their hand if they would like to join or be accepted back into the Christian Faith. As I sat, there with my head bowed, I thought back to the first time I went to a service months ago when we went to watch a play by SK’s Church. The Pastor there had asked the same question and I’d stood there, hand in hand with Blanks holding onto him so, so tightly and him squeezing my hand right back, I wanted to say "me" but I was petrified, for some reason.

But today was totally different, as the congregation was asked to raise their hand, I felt this sudden hot flush all over my chest and face and before I knew it my hand was raised the air and the Pastor acknowledged me. It was this crazy moment, where I felt like the decision was made for me, there was no thinking through, no decision making, no logical reasoning, it was like my body said yes and not my head. I guess it was my heart actually. I was surprised myself!

So as the service drew to an end one of the Leaders asked me if I would like to be reconfirmed at the alter, I looked at Bombies for some sort of reassurance or confirmation that it was the right thing to do. I just looked at her and said “Do you mind waiting?” I knew she wouldn’t, of course she wouldn’t.

The Leader, Flora sat with me and blessed me with a prayer and suddenly I just burst into tears, I was totally overwhelmed. Then an extra pair of hands appeared on top of mine, they were Bombies, bless her.

After some chats with the Leaders about taking my Faith forward we headed out to lunch and I felt all smiley inside. I couldn’t believe I had taken such a giant leap forward, I felt fantastic.

I really wanted Laksa as it had been like, maybe a month since I’d had it.I wanted it so bad, I was even considering a large bowl. I suggested we go to Lucky Garden but Mr J and Bombies knew another place nearby. We went there but as it transpires the place wasn't serving it anymore, so we went to LG as a backup plan. As we were eating, Mr J spotted Blanks and Panda and asked them to join us. I took a deep breath. Funny how the other Laksa place wasn't serving Laksa hu…?

As they walked over and said hi, Blanks actually made eye contact, smiled and said hi. He actually seemed pleased to see me, but maybe that was my wishful(?) thinking. We all sat down and the awkwardness that had been there weeks back, in Starbucks, wasn’t there. Although we didn’t speak directly to one another, when one of us spoke the other gave attention and joined in. Deep, relaxed, big, fat sigh… it felt… almost...nearly... normal. Finally! Oh, I can’t tell you how relived I felt. I can’t say that it’s all going to be happy days and plain sailing from now on, I can’t say that I didn’t feel the need to put my hand in his, and I also can't say I didn't really want to share my news with him, but, as much as there is still a little bit of hurt in my heart, I feel I could tolerate, perhaps accept, his friendship and company once again.


Fortunately, I had an appointment to get to, which worked in my favour as had I had nowt to do, I probably would have been torn over what to do (stay/ go) and over analysed the whole situation – like I normally do. But apparently today is a day of no analysis, no logic and no questions.

I left, and drove home, singing… of course. I’m finally ready to move forward. Thank God, literally.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."