Monday, June 29, 2009

An appointment with the Headmaster...

I had my appointment with the Head of the School this morning, which subsequently turned into an offer of applying for the School's Teacher Assistant position, starting this September - :):):)

Harris explained to me that an advert (a one liner) has gone into the local newspaper but as he already had me in mind he will send me the application forms directly (inadvertently implied that I will be given priority on the position).

Should i get the job I will literally be working about 25 hours a week (in at 9 and out by 3.15) everyday with no "after school" additional work, which means that although I will be taking an astronomical pay cut, I will be in a position to take on a second job to keep some form of income coming in and to pay my parents rent.

He also explained that as a TA for the School they will then be able to sponsor me to undertake the PGCE which, in Layman's terms means that I will not have to pay any tuition fees whilst studying for the year (at either Reading or Guildford) AND possibly they financially support me?? I'll need to look into it.

What a positive start to the week. I can't believe I've been back 10 days and things are going so well, so far. I'm so happy. I pray to God that I will be given this opportunity and start a new career in something I am truly passionate about.

One small step for Bubs... one giant leap for my self esteem :)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."