Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Take it & Go!

WHAT an exhausting day!

It all started by me 'missing' my TWO alarm clocks and waking up too late to meet a friend for breakfast and for my dentist appointment to have my braces REMOVED - can you believe it???

Eventually I made it to the dentist and had the braces taken off, retainer fitted and teeth whitened. I have to say after all the build up over coming months I was neither here nor there about it at the time. My teeth don't look extraordinarily different to how they did before, but upon smiling in the mirror (pretty much all afternoon) and looking through the photo album that the practice put together for me I really do see all the technicalities and changes.

Overall everything looks tighter, neater and brighter - it looks good. I'm happy. I'm pretty certain it was money well spent, although I am in a little discomfort this evening - everything feels a little sensitive and soar. Hopefully that will ease in a few days. If it doesn't then it's probably just because the dentist has totally fucked up my teeth with the rush of it all and they will all fall out and I'll have dentures put in - great!!

This afternoon/ evening I have desperately tried to pack as the removal dudes arrive at 930 AM (I will set 2 alarms, plus bombies is going to give me a wake up call if she remembers - please remember!! haha.)

Bombies and Jude dropped by as i had a shed load of stuff to give them, Bombies helped me throw out 3 bags of "products" from my bathroom in about 5 minutes and then we went for dinner. Once I got back, Kiwi came over and helped out a bit. Took photos of me in my state of "panic" and I played dress up with him (making him wear my jewelry etc). He gave me a bit of light relief so it was good of them all to pop by.

Now it's 02.00am and Kiwi just made a check up call on me. I'm totally spent and sleepy. So I'm gonna do the following in the morning:

- decide which shoes to pack/ ship
- Pack MAC - bye bye computer :(
- put one box aside for "last minute" bits
- Write my insurance itinerary (God help me)

Hopefully all will go smoothly and whatever gets left behind will just have to be chucked!!

Right, time to sleep. I will finish off blogging about my braces etc next week once I'm back in the UK, don't get me wrong, I'm REALLY enthusiastic about it - I'm just really really tired!!!

night night, sleep tight.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."