Saturday, June 20, 2009

So Long... Farewell...

No matter what people say, I can confirm that saying goodbye to loved ones is undoubtedly one of the hardest parts of my life. In the last 4 years I've had to continuously say goodbyes and seeyoulaters to my family and friends in the UK, America, Hong Kong and Kuala Lumpur.

After a farewell meal on Wednesday night (complete with an engraved cocktail shaker, a framed photo and recipies for Malaysian dishes)! The "Laksa Crew" gave me a true Malaysian farewell by all rocking up at the airport :)

There I was in my "I (HEART) Malaysia" t shirt having a fit over my excess baggage fee (don't even GO there)and they stood by offering suggestions (thanks Bombies) and lending a hand (thanks JoycenochinesemiddlenameLim).

Eventually we made it to our Chocolate Fudge sundae and took a few snaps and had a final natter. As i said good bye I remained composed until I hugged Mr J (of all people! Haha!) The tears started coming and then, yes, I hugged my ickle Bombie and the two of us just stood, in each others arms absolutely sobbing, like babies!!!

Eventually I pulled myself away - all the while, Mr J was filming (haha - you poo) and i made my way down to passport control. As i looked back one final time they all stood at the balcony above me. I yelled up (in possibly the loudest voice ever) "I LOVE YOU!" and they all yelled something back - possibly i love you too?? But either way, whatever it was (i couldn't hear due to the acoustics of the airport) I heard giggles and byes and I walked away.

I sobbed waiting for the plane, i sobbed on the plane, I sobbed when I landed. Only today have I really started to compose myself.

I never realised I was THAT loved. I never realised that I LOVED my friends THAT much either.

I love you guys and i love YOU the most... and you know who you are ;)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."