Wednesday, June 24, 2009

It's not WHAT you know, it's WHO you know


Feeling much more positive and upbeat today after a fantastic day with my Sister yesterday. We ran 5 miles around Virginia Waters (I forgot just HOW beautiful it is there) followed by a pub lunch in the sun.

The weather here is gorgeous, which helps make the move back that much easier. We burnt our noses and shoulders would you believe.

In the afternoon we went shopping which was torturous (I resisted to buying anything - even a dress in Oasis which was reduced to £25!! Gargh!).

In the evening we went to her apartment and Billy ate with us. It was so cool for the 3 of us to be back together. My two favourite people to be with :)

We talked about my plans and Billy kindly offered to call his Brother who is Head of the 2nd top school in Surrey. I am now scheduled to go and meet him (date TBC) to get some help on teaching courses and who knows, maybe he'll be able to offer me a Teaching Assistant post at his school, starting in September or recommend me for another school. I can only hope and pray.

If i can get a post as a TA (Teacher Assistant) this means I can apply for my Mortgage as if you work for the Government there are special "deals" you can get. Then, I could go to college NEXT year once I have my mortgage and apartment. I think realistically I'll need to get a second job - but I don't mind, I'm use to hard work.

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but i sincerely hope not. Just think, that would give me about 8 weeks of summer to play with/ get a part time job/ go to Africa for a few weeks and then I could press on with LIFE in September.

Exciting...

Today the weather is spanking once again. So luckily my Sister has 2 days off work back to back, so we are taking a roadtrip down to Bournemouth Beach together - :) Best go pack up my bag, including my SLR so I can get some good shots and show my friends back in KL and HK that the UK isn't so bad either ;)

1 comment:

Melancholy Thongs said...

Glad you're settling down :) You never reply comments sent, which makes me wonder if you notice that ppl leave comments at all. Tried to call you yesterday but for some reason I couldn't get through? Are u out of credit again.. hehhe. Life's tough without your PA eh?

I'm guessing you check your facebook more often, so I'll post this same msg there :P

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."