Monday, June 8, 2009

Bloooooood

Up in Hanoi now, after a few days in Hoi An which was a lovely Old City full of beautiful shops where I had a dress made and shoes - a pair for me and a pair for bombies :)

Our journey there was on the sleeper bus, which was somewhat horrific and cramped, some random man stroked my leg in the night too... at least he didn't suck on my toes :s He may have liked my toes though, before getting the bus we went to a Mud Spa and it was really fun.

12 hours later we made it to our next destination.

We spent our time lazing on the beach, cycling around town and met up with Laurie again. We headed off yesterday morning to catch our flight (YES we gave in). As we got into the cab i had a strange impulse to check the ticket, this was when I realised our flight was booked for tyhe next day - doh.

Anyways we got on the waiting list and managed to make it up to Hanoi the same day. Hanoi is stinking hot and a bit crazy - much like Ho Chi Min. We're staying at this awesome hostel - Hanoi Backpackers. We stayed in a dorm this time as the rooms were full, but to be honest, despite paying $1 more a night it has enabled us to make a billion friends.

Yesterday was free beer all afternoon on the rooftop bar, followed by a trip to the SNAKE village last night where YES I tried a shot of Snake Blood (after seeing the snake brutally murdered) with the beating heart still in the shot glass, that was followed by snake bile - it tasted like very, very strong tequila! haha.

We all got shit faced on Snake Wine(?) and beer and played I have never... that dam game.... ;)

Today we booked our boat trip around Halong Bay, there is a group of us going and so it should be sweeet as. We're off to see the famous Water Puppetry tonight.

I miss Mada. Wonder if he would enjoy something like this....?

Must go, my new found friend has found a place for pedicures... hehe well, us "flashpackers"must have SOME luxuries. Besides, I am sleeping in a room with 14 other people...

Lots of love x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

Do you know where to find different chinese medecine as Snake wine ? I already own this one:
http://www.asiansnakewine.com

But looking for different types of natural medecine.
Thanks for help.

(by the way I found your website on Google when looking for Snake wine bottle

Bubs said...

Hi Collector

No idea, the stuff we saw was bottled up in the streets of Vietnam and at this "snake village" we went to.

Sorry i can't be of more help!!

Hope you manage to find it...

Bubs

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."