Friday, October 17, 2008

The best type of ship is a 'Friend-Ship"... mwahaha.

Bah! My excitement bubble is being poked at - it's not burst, but it's on popping point!

I've been on a high all day with a spring in my step because I am just too dam excited that I am flying "home" tomorrow morning! Yipee! I can't wait!! Of course, I've half heartedly packed and I'm sure there will be a mad dash tomorrow but what the heck, I've been super busy!

All morning I've been smiling, smiling, smiling trying to get on with my work but thinking about all my friends and family I'm going to see. I hope this week ahead will be a pick me up and that my friends back in KL will stop saying "awh babe, you look tired" which interprets to "shit man, you look rough!". Last night DD told me I looked like i had "the weight of the world on my shoulders and in carrier bags under my eyes" lol. Yes! I look like shit I know! It's been a bloody awful two weeks OK! But I will come back, revived and ready to start afresh :)

In between all this I'm trying to organise the venue for Panda's birthday tonight. And I feel really unappreciated. She's been really like "whatever" about it and so 36 said to me, come on, lets get it all sorted for her. So 36 sorted out the gift and tried a few places for reservations for dinner, but nothing really worked out. Panda really likes Jazz and Japanese food so this morning I suddenly thought of No Black Tie and have been ringing all morning and leaving voicemails to make the reservation.

I quickly popped on line and Panda is like, cool, yeh OK. And really just like, well dam right unappreciative of the effort I'm going to. I know, I know, its just a few phone calls, but sometimes I feel like I give a little bit too much in this friendship. Even when I raised the fact that she had lacked support offering to me lately and that I felt I had been a good friend to her over the last few months her defensive reaction was "I didn't realise we were keeping points".

I was like, er no, but you know, it's like that saying "do one to others' as you wish to have done onto you" I'm not sure if this quote is entirely applicable (is it from the Bible? I think so) but what I'm trying to articulate (and not very well might I add) that if someone has been a good friend to you, in turn you should (not because its a rule but because you want) do the same to them. Don't you think?

Perhaps I've caught her at an off time, or perhaps she just doesn't feel like celebrating, I will always try to give the benefit of the doubt but when it comes to friendships i take them very seriously - if someone has been there for you and they need you, you should, without a doubt, be there for them. In turn, if they have done something lovely for you, such as given you a gift or bought you a meal or a coffee you don't have to run out straight away and buy them a gift back or take them out for dinner next week, but when the time comes you will see something/ eat something(!) you know will make them smile (it could be a week later it could be a year later) you will give back in return. That's what friendship is all about - sharing, isn't it?

hhhmmm. Maybe I put too much demand on my friends but I don't think so. I believe in quality, not quantity, as I've said before and my closes friends do all of the above without question. Why? because they want to. But then I, in turn, perhaps need to learn that just because you do nice things for someone doesn't mean you should expect it in return and shouldn't be disappointed if you don't get it.

Still, I like doing nice things for people, that's just me. So i will book the table, go straight from my office to the venue, stay as long as i can, have a mad dash to get ready to fly and just about make that flight tomorrow morning. Why? Because I like making people feel loved. I like my friends to feel special and loved on their "day".. as I would. And I want to do this for her, regardless of how unappreciative she is being right now, at then end of the night, hopefully she will feel happy upon reflection.

Oh, did I mention... I'M FLYING HOME TOMORROW YEEEEHHHAAAAAA!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."