Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Things are looking up...

I'm feeling a little bit better today - yay me :)

Went for supper with 36 and Panda last night, after a bit of a 'spute over MSN, Panda and I managed to clear the air, which is good, because the last thing I need right now are more issues. Transpires (as I had kinda guessed) that Blanks had spoken to her about him and I the week before (hence why she hadn't been in touch) she said she felt a little torn as was worried about seeing me and that I'd ask her about him and she'd have to lie. I've never seen her so upset, she actually was verging on tears, it was quite painful to watch. I guess we both mean an awful lot to her. I understand her predicament entirely and respect that she was jsut trying to do her best, for both friends.

I just told her look, it's over now, done and dusted and we all just have to work on moving forward (I felt a little like a family therapist). Have decided that when we celebrate Panda's birthday on Friday (if timing is right) I will just smooth things over with Blanks and hope to work towards a more comfortable atmosphere for all when I'm back from the UK. According to Panda "everyone" is pissed off with him for dumping me, which makes me feel a bit awkard, at the end of the day, Blanks had to do what was right for him and whilst it's lovely to know that people think so highly of me, they need to accept that this has happened - as I am trying.

I know we're all going to look back at this and laugh some day... you always do. It seems to be such a drama! Well you know me, I don't create drama, drama comes to me la :P Afterwards we chatted about stuff other than Blanks such as 36's Son's schooling and Panda's work and stuff, so nice to just talk about normal stuff again other than the obvious.

As for going back to the UK, only 96 hours until I board that plane and I'm getting excited now. It's going to be so lovely seeing my family and friends (especially my Shrub), stocking up my wardrobe with pretty dresses from Oasis and catching up on gossip and eating lots of fatty English food :)

For the rest of the week I'm going to concentrate on getting through the pain of tightening my braces this afternoon (blog to follow as I'm on month 3 now), getting all my work done (clearly I'm very proactive right now, blogging in my office at 10.12am when I should be getting my coffee from Starbucks), getting some last work outs in so I look tip-top for the wedding (oh must add a blog about that too), packing and sorting out something nice for Panda's birthday. Lots to keep me occupied.

I have some song lyrics I want to post, two songs actually. Will do that quickly now and then on with work... have a nice day, whoever you are reading this... :)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."