Saturday, October 4, 2008

"H"

Last night I was feeling really down in the dumps, and whilst having dinner in the lil restaurant/ bar downstairs from me and feeling a little wobbly from 1 too many margaritas, I text H (my gay hubby).

He text straight back saying he was actually just emailing me so we ended up speaking on the phone. As soon as H rang, I felt this immediate release, H is one of these friends who i feel i can say absolutely anything to and am never judged, he's amazing. I spilled my heart, my thoughts, my soul dammit and as always, he somehow managed to say the right words or the right "awhs and ums" within 10 minutes I had a complete pick me up.

His attitude was "Bubs, if you feel shit, embrace it! Yell, I feel shit!!" and I was like YEH! haha.

But seriously, H probably knows me better than anyone, better than maybe my Shrub who i love more than anyone in the world, better than my Mother who raised me and I think its because with him, I dunno, i just never feel the need to justify my actions or bend the story i just tell him it like it is. And i really love that about him.

H and I exchange several emails a week and usually its just one of us mouthing off about how tragic and complex our lives are. Its like, we've found a place where we can just dump and off load feelings (much like a blog, except there is someone at the other end) and even if the other doesn't have time to reply immediately its kinda like we know that, that person has read the email and is just 'aware' of how you feel.

I feel like H and I will have a friendship that will run for years, forever no doubt. There are times where we are both so frank with each other we may even, inadvertently piss one another off but its only because we know each other so well that we almost give the advice that we are thinking but will not accept until the other says it.

Anyway H, I know you know I love you, but I do. So, so much.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."