Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Gimmie a Break - Please!!

Oh crikey. Just when things were looking up... My day couldn’t get any worse if it tried. Actually, it totally could do, but you know how I am. A very passionate writer.

Having just come back to reality after a week of doing bugger all, my boss calls me up, asks how I am and straight away I know there is something not right here…


They are closing the HK office.

How, might you ask, does this effect moi?

My Boss is moving to KL.

Which means what?

1) I am no longer the Manager of my own office - even though I’m always stressing that I have too much work and how I’m not an “office manager” I am the “claims manager” it seems my prayers have been answered – lesson learnt: be careful what you wish for ‘cause you just might get it.

2) I am going to be under the watchful eye of my boss 24 hours a frickin day (OK slight exaggeration – 8.5 hours a day).

3) I AM NO LONGER THE BOSS OF KL!!

4) Do I really want to take this step back? I have no choice… I either accept it or… leave.

5) I’m in a shitty shitty mood.

SHIT. OK, so maybe it’s not THAT big a deal to you but I’m literally going to have to report to someone everyday – I’ve been running this joint on my own for nearly 18 months HOW can they do this to me HOW??? I know, I know, having him here IS going to be a benefit.. it’s just.. having him HERE that I’m not a fan of…

Why are they doing this?

1) Credit Crunch – no justifiable reason to have the HK office anymore with only 3 members of staff.

2) Because the Lord answered my prayers – I prayed for some help and look where I’ve ended up. Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Gargh!

3) Because THE WHOLE WORLD is against me.

Is this change a sign? A sign that I should get out?? That I should leave WR?? That I should leave KL?????

Mah.
I feel totally stressed.

This is not good. Not good at all.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."