Sunday, October 26, 2008

Bye-Bye Blighty

I'm flying back to KL tonight and am in my "final hours" which consists of me attempting to pack, lying on the sofa watching trashy TV, attempting to pack again, snacking on crappy food, attempting to get out of my PJ's into clothes, giving up on packing, pissing around with the wedding photos, trying to clear out stuff from my room, laughing over old photos and love letters found hidden away, hugging my Ma endlessly, trying to pack and then screaming with frustration over the lack of comprehension over why it won't all fit in and of course, awaiting the Sunday Roast Dinner which I can smell from the upstairs of the house :)

As much as this place drives me crazy, I am going to miss it. But I suppose it's only 8 weeks til I'm back again. I always feel like I come back and everything I felt right about my way of living is wrong, I go through this confused phase of "where do I belong?" and then just as I think... maybe I belong back in the UK... Wham! Bam! I am back, on the plane to KL.

I know the next week I'm going to be "home sick" all over again, but it shouldn't be as hard as normal, knowing I'll return soon.

I'd like to stop searching for home and for home to just find me. Or perhaps I should just stop trying to choose one and realise that they are both home and that I am ever so lucky to have two for the price of one. How about that? :)

Bye-Bye Blighty, see you soon.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."