Monday, October 13, 2008

Shout to the Lord!

- also written yesterday

Today I went to Church (SIBKL) for the first time in 4 years. I really enjoyed myself. Church in KL is definitely different to little Lightwater! It’s not like a Church in the literal, old fashioned sense, it’s more like a small theatre and it’s so alive!

As we arrive there were singers on stage with microphones and karaoke syle “subtitles” up on two big projectors. As they called out, asking anyone who was new to the Church to raise their hand I felt compelled to do so (in a nice, positive way, not like I felt forced to) and those immediately surrounding me turned and smiled and shook my hand and welcomed me to their community, it was a really nice warm feeling.

The songs they sang reminded me of when I went to Church in Fiji and Rarotonga, not the dreary old school hymns like back at home - but up lifting soulful songs that make you feel all warm inside.

The only similarity I found was the Pastor's lead, but even he seemed so much more enthusiastic and when he spoke he spoke with passion and more conviction (is that the right word?) than any thing I'd experienced in the UK. It added meaning to the words of the Bible, and it brought the context into our living world.

As we left the Church I smiled knowing that I’d enjoyed myself, I knew I would do. I want this in my life again :)

http://www.sibkl.org.my

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."