Monday, October 13, 2008

Evil Ikea

- again, written yesterday (I was bored)

I took a "quick" trip down to Ikea this afternoon. Oh wow. I popped down just for a few “bits”, but haha, to no avail! What is it about Ikea that you go in for one thing and you end up spending MYR300 on the following:

- Two lamp shades (totally gorgeous in my bedroom, couldn't resist)
- A cushion cover (which I didn’t need, but again, pretty)
- 4 bulbs (did need these)
- 3 baskets to put crap in (again, purpose of visit was to actually buy these, even though I could have just thrown out the crap thus avoiding buying the baskets all together)
- Set of three candles (wanted these too - note the word want not need)
- An extension plug thing (no idea why I bought this, just thought, hhmm usually need one of these. Aha, see I used the word 'need' here haha)
- Four more photo frames for my ‘art gallery’ hallway (acceptable, still working on that, although don’t have a drill to nail them up)
- Some thin curtains for the door way between my room and my living room as my door is glass (but forgot to buy a rail so will sit in the packaging - additional note, I managed to put them up last night by using my random heavy items as weights- don't ask)

But seriously, it’s Ikea – it’s straight off the line crap! It’s not unique or classy. But for some reason you go in there looking for just one small thing, like a spoon or a toilet brush and you come out with the above.

Wonders will never cease.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."