Thursday, October 23, 2008

Kerry really isn't 'OK'.

Wow. I just saw something that really disturbed me. A few friends mentioned to me that they saw an interview on 'This Morning' with ex-Atomic Kitten star Kerry Katona.

Kerry Katona is well known in the UK for splashing her personal life all over 'OK' magazine and over the last couple of years every time I have read an article about her I have just thought man, that girls needs to get out of the headlines and get into rehab and sort her life out.

Yesterday morning she was interviewed on live TV at about 11.00am. The interview (click on link below) shows Kerry being interviewed by Fern and Phil and she sounds (and looks) absolutely off her face. She claims that it was due to the high dosage (150mg) of sleeping tablets that she takes before bed, but surely, if you knew that your speech/ behaviour was effected that much you wouldn't go on an interview? Personally, having been there myself I know this isn't the case - or at least, don't believe it to be so, of course, I'm not a Doctor so I could be wrong. She is, quite clearly either drunk or 'on' something.

I think Fern and Phil (possibly my favourite day time TV hosts in the UK) handled the interview very well, kindly and professionally and were clearly being directed with questions through an ear piece. As I watched the clip, I couldn't help but feel so, so sorry for her. It's one thing to suffer from depression, it's quite another to go through the ordeal she clearly did on that day. According to new reports (of course it made it onto the showbiz news here) the show states that she showed up late and no one realised she was in the 'state' that she was, until the interview started. If her Husband really cared about her (he was present at interview as she calls over to him) there is no way on earth he would have let her go on national TV.

As much as I dislike Kerry Katona, having seen/ read things about her over the last few years (which, granted may be self generated tabloid junk) I really hope that some one can sit her down and help her. Poor girl. She really is the British Britney Spears.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RxKMPTR0MVA&feature=related

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."