Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Frienemy

Gosh, I’m exhausted, such a long and stressful day – I was up til 1am working last night too. One of my team made a MAJOR boo boo and my managers worldwide were going crazy – so I swooped in and saved the day – just. All slowly getting settled as the day closes.

The nice thing was CatMachine and Mr J were in town so we agreed to meet for lunch but as it turns out, A&J and Pat were there too. Was so cool, it’s the first time I have had lunch during work with friends in Malaysia! It was only at the food court downstairs but it was just such a nice break to my otherwise horrible day. Yay!

So, I totally want to leave the office, I’m tired and my brain has gone mushy but it’s raining and the traffic outside looks horrendous. I know if I go sit downstairs I’ll have either a subway cookie or a white stick – neither of which are good for me, therefore I am going to hibernate here for another half hour and then hope the traffic clears. I have to be at gym by 8 for my PT.

Which brings me to my blog, personal flippin trainers! I NEVER believed in them, until of course, I got one. I always thought, why pay for someone to just stand there and tell you, OK move your feet faster whilst you run etc. But OK now I understand it more, I don’t think I could go back to not having one (except of course if I moved back to the UK – I can barely afford mine here let alone there!). My first PT was in Jan this year, and I originally decided to have her as I was training for the Mount Kinabalu Climb in April. Then after that I kept training with her because I lost quite a lot of weight and gained major muscle tone.

Then I started participating in 10km runs and I really wanted to strength the muscles around my knees and all that so I stuck with her. Towards the end I really began to dislike her, I actually felt a bit like she bullied me but I think she had her own weight issues herself, funnily enough! One day I came in wearing these pants (that did me no favours) plus I was on and she turned and pointed at me whilst training some one else and was like “euwh, look at your fat belly”. I was mortified and actually cried when I got home! Purely because I had worked so dam hard, for my trainer to turn around and tell me I was fat was really upsetting!

After that I had this real like animosity (right word?) towards her and I wanted out, but I couldn’t work out a way to move onto another trainer without hurting her feelings (I’m such an idiot, I care way too much about how other people feel!). So, when I found out this trainer from the gym was doing the Adidas race with us we made a bet – If he beat me, I had to pay him for 10 PT sessions, if I beat him, he had to give me 10. It was win-win ;) wahahaha.

He beat me by 4 minutes. Bastard.

So we started training together and he is really dam good. Every session is different and every morning after I can feel the intensity of the work out, he also really encourages me with my running style/ speed/ length etc.

It’s so funny, because I shed a load more weight and it’s very nice that everyone who works there compliments me but my old PT can’t seem to let go. She’ll see me working out on my own (using techniques my current PT has taught me) and she’ll be like – you’re not doing enough weights or why aren’t you sweating and I just smile because both she and I know his techniques are working better for me. Hehe.) She always eyes me up and down and says you’re too skinny now and then goes on and on about how much she exercised this week and how her mum keeps saying she has put on weight – I’m like girl! You’re the trainer you should be encouraging others not seeking reassurance for yourself! I just nod and listen. Smuggly might I add – God I’m a bitch!

So I’ve just finished my 10+1 sessions with my new PT and as it’s his birthday I told him his present was that I would do another 10 sessions. He he it’s all fun and games, he knows I like training with him. The funny thing is, I feel like he and I have become “Frienemies” if you don’t know what one is I shall explain, its er, a friend, who is an enemy :) hehe. In that I love training with him but a part of me is like why oh why are you putting me through this?? Then if he tells me to run a certain distance I end up going further or faster to prove a point – to who? God knows. Speaking of God, sometimes I’ll mutter “oh God” or “Jeeeesus this is heavy” and he just turns to me and say, “Bubs, even God can’t help you now” hehe. We do have a laugh. We count our reps in Hokkien, Cantonese, Mandarin and BM and we always yell “yahoo!” when we finish a programme :) He’s fun :)

Anyway, managed to pass some time now so gonna venture out into the dark night of KL and hope to make it to the gym on time. I’m so hungry, I think I might die........ ooooooh some gum!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."