Thursday, December 4, 2008

2 days, 6 hrs, 18 mins & 2 secs to go...

Wow, I can't believe it... only 3 more sleeps until I take on the Singapore Half Marathon. I'm shocked at how quickly it has come around! Where has the year gone?

I have been training a lot, but if I'm honest with myself, I could have pushed myself substantially further. It sounds like such a lame excuse but I just haven't had the time lately to fit any more training into my weeks.

I usually work out 2-3 times per week (either cardio or weights) and trying to do a long run every Saturday - I only managed to fit 4 in over the last two months). The last couple of weeks I have been so preoccupied, I hope that my training and the power of inner strength (the mind) can pull me through.

I'm really super excited (bring it on!) although nervous at the same time, this will be my biggest physical challenge yet (although comparable to climbing Mount Kinabalu which was, in a nutshell, horrific!) at least this time I'll be in my comfy Adi-Zero's which are like the dream running shoe. SO comfy... but ha, we shall see on the day, they have only ever run about 15K! Please don't let me down pretty shoes! hehe.

I'm flying to Singapore on Saturday morning, although I wish I was taking the bus, logically I would be getting more rest as less waiting around at airports etc, but never mind. Once I arrive I will check into the hotel and then go and register for the race. Which reminds me, I need to check my blood type group in case of emergency - eek!

I am meeting H in the late afternoon, he is coming to Singapore from HK especially to cheer me on and party after together. I can't wait to see him, it's been about 6 months and despite the fact that we email each other nearly everyday I feel like we have a whole lot to catch up on.

H is going to see a clairvoyant whilst there who was recommended to him by our mutual friend. He asked me if I wanted to go but I have chosen not to, as intrigued as I am about what the future holds for me, I believe that life is all about the unpredictable and a daily test of our personality (strengths and weaknesses) to see how we will handle it. So I have said no, despite an overwhelming temptation, I must not. I believe as well that if someone imprints a thought into your mind, even if you forget about it, it is always there, hovering behind another thought and I feel will ultimately have an effect on a decision that you make. Does that make sense?

Although, perhaps I should just pop my head in and ask if the spirits foresee me completing the half marathon in one piece - hehe just kidding.

Last training session tonight, think of me at 06.30am on Sunday morning!

Boleh! Boleh!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."