Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Mixed Messages

I got the strangest compliment from my Managing Director over the phone from the UK. What would you make of this:

(FACT) "Well I read her report on her KL visit and I have to say, I was expecting her to be spending most of the time training you, but it seems it was the other way round!"

Hilarious. So in a nutshell she was saying:

(My Interpretation) "Well, we were all under the impression that you were doing a pretty shit job out there. But in actual fact, perhaps you're doing much better than we give you credit for!"

I'm really not sure whether this is a complimentive ego boost or another knock back (in that, the UK office, my MD included, have absolutely no faith in my capabilities).

I'll take it as constructive criticism and leave it at that. Strangest and most faintest praise I ever received.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."