Sunday, December 14, 2008

Where's my map?

Mr J made a very clever analogy today after Church today which made me laugh. We were discussing how God has our lives planned out for us and if we didn’t just keep fucking up, the end result would be pretty dam good. But instead, we make continuous mistakes, poorly judged decisions and fall off the track here and there. Mr J said it’s like GPS – we take a wrong route and although the ETA will no doubt be affected, the GPS just recalculates and shows us a new route to try and get us back on the straight and narrow. He’s so right. But GPS is such a know it all, sometimes you deliberately take a wrong turning just because you think you know a better route. Just like in life, we have a sudden urge to do something reckless and the recovery period can be long and hard.

I know and I admit, openly that I’m still searching for someone to complete me. I guess that’s why they call it your “other half”. Someone to share my dreams, my passions, my laughter and my love . Right now, I’ll continue to clean my toilet with all but my undies and rubber gloves on, lie on my sofa eating chocolate with my fleece PJ’s which have pictures of frogs all over them and once in a while get an early nights rest on a Sunday and sit, as I am now – in my lovely clean sheets, yummy smelling candles all around me, listening to CafĂ© del Mar, blogging and smiling at what on earth 2009 could possibly have in store for me…

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."