Tuesday, December 2, 2008

What You Are, To Me...

A ray of sunshine on an otherwise cloudy day
The smell of freshly cut grass after the rain
Phosphorous twinkling all around me in the midnight sea

The sound of singing to a beautiful melody
A monologue on an empty stage
My favourite song on an old scratched CD

The taste of coffee on a mundane morning
The temptation of ice cream over frozen yogurt
A glass of wine in a hot steamy bubble bath

A photograph lost then found
A phone call from a friend on a lonely evening
A book that you just can't put down

A sneaky cigarette between my fingers
Making love under white sheets
A smile that is just for me

A big bear hug when I'm feeling blue
A little card that says i love you
A wink that is between you and I

Knowing that you have made somebody proud
Being there for a good friend when they are down
Crying to someone who understands your sorrow

Watching an old black and white movie
Reminiscing over childhood memories
Admitting that you don't mind a bit of jazz

Wearing painful shoes so your legs look just-that-little-bit better
Applying make up for a special night out
Looking in the mirror and feeling pretty

Driving my car at full speed down the highway
Dancing all night long
Prancing about in a little sundress

Walking out of the salon with new bouncy hair
Singing in my shower and not caring who hears
Running until I no longer feel the pain

That's what you are to me.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."