Thursday, December 18, 2008

2009 and Beyond...

Well I have decided to train to do the Singapore Full Marathon on the 6th December 2009 - just under a year away.

I was discussing it with my PT last night and I told him I was serious about getting my arse in gear, changing my diet, doing more weight training on my legs (to strengthen my knees), and preparing to run a marathon and run it well.

My first target includes completing one half marathon every 6-8 weeks (whether it be competitive or in training) and reducing my time to 2 hours. Yikes! We're going to design a programme that's going to be flexible around my work but means I can train outdoors too (early morning rise on a Saturday then it would seem!)

I have asked my Sister to come over to Singapore and run it with me as her running speed is similar to mine, I'm hoping she'll agree. We did talk about doing the Flora London marathon in 2010 (Will be changed to Virgin Marathon after 2009 apparently) which she was up for but I'd really like to do a marathon next year. Fingers crossed she'll say yes, it would be awesome to cross the finish line with her.

In the meantime I'm feeling much more positive about the year ahead and thinking about all the opportunties that lie. I'm going to stop looking at this whole situation as a negative one but one of opportunity - I've got one year of being paid in a job that I don't like left, BUT that gives me one whole year to search for the "perfect" job in the meantime or jobs plural.

I was thinking... if I could get the right Visas I could have so much fun....

For example:

- Teach part time in an International School (Get to work with kids)
- Unpaid weekend position with BFM (Get to work in Media)
- Freelance GX Instructor (Get to work in Fitness)

Could you imagine? Juggle all three - I'd have the dream combination.... no money... but who cares... I'd be living the dream! (Haha) let's see what I can do hu?

Wow, 2009 is gonna be one heck of a challenge. And that's just the planning phase - 2010 is when it's all going to change. That's if... something doesn't happen in the meantime which takes me in a different direction, which inevitably, looking at my life to date, will!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."