Friday, December 5, 2008

Slide (not the playground type)



There was a landslide outside my apartment building last night at about 5.30. Neighbour called to tell me, as I drove back at about 8pm the road was majorly jammed, in fact, I couldn't access my apartment as lots of people had parked on the side to get out and take a look. According to the news the traffic jam was over 3km long!

Luckily I heard on the radio and read in the paper this morning, no one was injured or killed, although I think 17 cars were completely buried and destroyed in the car park it collapsed onto.

They were clearing away the debris until the early hours, I went to bed at about midnight and I could still see/ hear them working. This morning the place was still a bit of a mess. Lots of office workers standing about watching.

To imagine, the slide came from only 15 metres high, the debris after the collapse of the world trade centre twin towers really is unimaginable. Even though I saw that on TV, seeing just a small landslide really puts thing into perspective.

I think I need to move!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."