Wednesday, December 17, 2008

R.E.S.P.E.C.T

My shitty job is pissing me off. Yet again I come into the office to find another new development and project (created by the UK office) that I have to work on and have not been consulted over.

I called my boss in HK and I think he could tell I was upset (my voice goes a little strained), he agreed with me as to why I was so upset and said that he was going to address the matter straight away. Why am I always seen as a subsidiary manager? They had a “Managers Meeting” the other week in the UK to which my HK manager attended and so did all the others EXCEPT for me and I said to him, if I’m a manager surely I should be there too? He agreed and yet again apologized on their behalf and said “Well you know how unorganized WR are”. They didn’t even send me the minutes! I don’t think they even took them!! If decisions are made that affect me or if I have to undertake new tasks in my day to day work then I should AT LEAST be consulted and my opinion sought. Not just turn up for work and find an email in my inbox outlining what is suddenly dumped upon and expected of me.

The latest is that they want a daily teleconference with me and my in patient coordinators everyday at 5pm (9am their time). I can guarantee you this will not last. I leave work for Christmas in 3 days and by the New Year they will have forgotten all about this new structure. It will be either that someone has arrived into the office late in the UK, or we are all kept back waiting for them, or it’s forgotten or cancelled. They would expect us to wait til 5.30-6.00pm until everyone is there, but would they even IMAGINE coming in at 7.30-08.00am? No. I know how CRAP my company is. I’m so sick of this. It’s like they say “Jump!” And I’m suppose to say “How high?” Fuckers. They can go fuck themselves I’m sick of this shit. I’ll be dammed if I go into the UK office when I’m back on my annual leave time. Piss off.

I can’t stand this fucking place. I know this may sound like a minor matter but it’s one minor matter after another, after another for 3 dam years! My manager is going to get an earful from me in my appraisal in January. What pisses me off the most is that he understands and tries to support me as much as he can (he often feels he is treated the same, seeing as he is remote in Asia too) but it makes fuck all difference.

I’m not worthy of my company, they do not value me. But I tell you, if I left this office today and never came back they would be totally and utterly fucked. NO ONE from the UK would want to work here and do this job. I’m leaving this company by the end of 2009. You mark my words. And if I don’t, somebody shoot me.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."