Sunday, February 15, 2009

Church Idol

Couldn't help but giggle at Church today. A very, shall we say, passionate(?) singer was belting out a soulful tune or two and I couldn't help but cringe at every note - she was awful! The sad/ sweet (bittersweet?) thing is that it seems to be the most passionate singers seem to be the worst!

One side of me I have Bombie who has a beautiful voice, simple, light, tuneful voice, a delight! Then I had possibly the worst singer in the world behind me and then poor little me, barely letting out a whisper trying to work out the tune of the song i don't know with various 'harmonies' going on around me!

I dare say it is like American Idol at times. If Simon Cowell was a Christian (is he? I doubt!) I reckon he would have turned around and said "I can catgorically say that you have just complteley destroyed one of my all time favourite songs. You don't even deserve to be in this compititon." And the singer would have of course replied with the usual "Everyone who hears me tells me I have an amazing voice".



Hahahahaha. Perhaps they should consider that at the church, imagine, Pastor Chew trying to find a way to tell half the congregation that they couldn't sing. hehehehe ooooh naughty me and my naughty mind. hehehehehe :)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."