Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Good Vibrations

Pleased to continue on with much more positive blog entries these days.

Knowing that I am leaving my company officially on August 7th 2009 is one huge move (literally and metaphorically). I thought that I was going to be all in a panic that I haven't got a job to go to but I remain calm and upbeat and most importantly, positive (same as upbeat?).

The prospect of being able to return to Malaysia to work on Project Bombies or to work remotely from the UK (if all goes well) is really helping my mindset in knowing that "All is not lost" and if I do want to return to the KL, and Bombie still wants/ is able to go ahead with the biz idea. Well it's reassuring. Whether or not that will work out, if it will transpire in 1 year, 2 years of half a decade it's the peace of mind I need.

As for returning to the UK. Well, this looks inevitable now. Yesterday I found out that the new Malaysia law states that (unless you really can bend ALL the rules) you must be 27 or above to hold a working visa in Malaysia. Therefore, there is not much hope in me finding a job in KL which is going to be willing to apply for me. They can, but there are certain laws to abide to and in honesty I don't have the passion or ambition (again, same meaning?) or DRIVE (that's a better word) to push this matter. Working for BFM would be contractual anyway, and so I doubt they would ever wish to or need to support a visa. But that's a whole other matter, it still hasn't taken off in it's entity so that really is on a "we'll see" basis.

So, I need to get my mindset straight for returning to the UK. It has it's ups and it certainly has it's downs. But overall, the change is well needed.

So now, I have decided the first two major things:

1) To leave my job: Confirmed
2) To move back to the UK

Now I need to decide WHAT to do once I have LEFT my job and MOVED back to the UK.

The options I am considering are the following:

1) Go travel for a bit. Why the heck not? I've worked my arse off for the last 5 years. I can have a break. I could do the Europe trip I have been dreaming about for so long
2) Study - take an MBA in business? Or take a course in something that could help change my career plan. No idea just a thought.
3) Study and work part time.
4) Work Full Time - Temping? New Career? What area? hhhmm. Lots to consider.

Needless to say, I'm moving forward, with positive energy and faith that it will all turn out, OK.

Faith and naivete? Same same? ;)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."