Friday, February 13, 2009

Elastic-Bombastic!

Oh my gosh I'm sooooooooooooooooo excited! I could scream for joy! But, I can't because my jaw is held together with an elastic band (dammit). I will upload photo over weekend once I'm at home but today I had this elastic fitted over three brackets to the right side of my mouth. It looks like i've got this random bit of weirdness hanging out when I talk and I can only open my mouth about 10mm wide (which i'm sure some people will be pleased about). But do you know what? I don't care! Why? Because my dentist reckons the braces will be off by August! Sorry what was that you said? AUGUST??? YES! AUGUST!!!!!!

I cannot express in words (which is a shame as this is a blog) how EXCITED I am :D I have to wear these darn elastics though for 4 weeks solid and try my best to wear it 24 hours a day - sob! But I'm gonna do it because I know the longer I wear it the quicker this will all be over.

The purpose of the elastic is to make my bite even out on the right side. Basically, the left side now meets but the right still has an overbite. I can REALLY feel it pulling around the teeth and jaw and the dentist has pre warned me the next 48 hours are gonna be painful - but dammit, I'm taking on the challenge! (He said I can take it off when I go "partying" hahaha).

Peace out.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."