Tuesday, February 24, 2009

No ordinary morning

Well this morning was eventful!

I woke up at about 5am on my sofa in a hot sweat, having had to sleep in my living room as the aircon is broken in my bedroom. As it transpired we also had a power cut at some point before 5am and I was literally soaked in sweat when I suddenly awoke (having dreamt i was being chased by a talking shark) - good job I'd placed a sheet over my sofa - euwh!

I wasn't really sure what was going on so i stumbled over to the power box with a torch to try and see what had triggered off. All the switches were "on" and so i peaked out and couldn't really tell either way if all of the building power was off as it was still kinda the middle of the night.

I lay on the sofa trying to sleep some more but it was impossibly hot, even with the balcony door open, in the end i decided to have a FREEZING cold shower as I couldn't do much else. So I showered in the dark and then lit some candles and applied my make up by candlelight. This morning I amazed myself, I can actually apply make up "blind". My face looks the same as it usually does - hilarious!

I quickly got dressed as was getting warm again very quickly and made my way to the car, with soaking wet hair and hairdryer and straighteners in bag. Arrived to the cool aircon of the office and blow dried and straightened my hair using the window as a mirror.

LOL. I can't believe I look like I've had a completely regular morning and that none of this madness actually took place.

I'm in so early and beat the traffic that perhaps I should consider doing my hair in the office on a regular basis? Oh well, best go get coffee.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."