Sunday, April 19, 2009

Another Perfect Weekendo

Ah man. Why now, as I come into my last 8 weeks in Malaysia am I suddenly having SO much fun (as opposed to much fun)? It couldn't be because I'm returning to the land of Tea and unemployment - surely not? ;)

Probably in reality, is that I know things are coming to an end and I am appreciating every moment a hundred times over, than I normally would, soaking in every memory and jumping at every opportunity.

After a fun Friday night at the movies with a girlfriend (saw He's Just Not That Into You - possibly a girl's love life bible and very, very funny), Saturday came round full swing with the usual, gym, food shop, late lunch, coffee with friends combo.

In the evening I decided to have an "Un-Pink the Princess Palace" party, whereby I invited a bunch of my close friends over to help paint my bedroom from pink, back to white before I got my deposit taken away by my landlord.

My God. It was possibly one of the most fun and most treasured nights I have had with my friends here in KL. In a nutshell, my whole wall got completely graffitied with "memories" of KL by my friends, then we had the mandatory paint fight which involved us all recklessly screaming about my apartment (yelling "No! Don't get me!" But secretly like "heeheehee this is so much fun I love it") whilst faces were covered in paint and bodies were pasted white with the roller brushes. Whilst eating pizza. And drinking beer.

By 1am we had done three coats, were hyper and pissed. Eventually after shooing everyone out we went for makan-makan down at Devi's. It was probably one of the best nights I've ever had in KL, and the graffiti wall "gift" one that I'll never forget.

I think last night, hit a new level of what friendship really is, for me. You see, you don't need to always say how you feel, sometimes it's just the writing on the wall... ;)



No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."