Friday, April 17, 2009

Place your bet on Death

My colleague rang this morning to say she was running late because there was a car accident - which is, normal to do. As NB is away and she is employed under him, she reports to me. She is a crazy Malay lady who lived in the UK for many years.

Anyway, as I was about to hang up she yelps - so do you want the registration plate number? I thought heck, what? Then i remembered, Malaysians are real sick - if there is an accident, they believe it "lucky" to take down the car registration number and use it for their lottery numbers - can you believe it??

I said, "Honestly, you are putting Malaysians to shame by saying that to me!" and she just laughed it off and said, "we can't get the jackpot though as I couldn't get the registration for the other car!"

When she arrived in the office she ran around like a bunny on Duracell batteries asking all my colleagues if they wanted to put in 20 bucks. She asked me and I smiled and said no, that is COMPLETELY against my morals as a human being! Everyone laughed and then I slyly said, but if you do win, pass me 10% yeh?

;)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."