Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Give it to me!

Why do we always want, what we can't have? Even when it is readily available, we don't necessarily want it. It's only when it is taken away or denied from us then suddenly, we have this overwhelming urge to have it, own it, become it.

For once, I'm not talking about men. Despite the fact that there are several men I wouldn't mind hopping on the good foot and doing the bad thing with at present (i was about to write in a spooky voice "you know who you are" But actually, I'm not sure you do...), they really are, at the bottom of my priority these days. I never thought I'd hear myself say that.

No, I'm talking about food. Food, food, FOOD. Dammit, I wanna eat.

Not only am I restricted to soft foods (such as bread soaked in soup, porridge (had it at Jalan Pudu last night - yum!) wheetbix and fruit smoothies) thanks to my braces, but I have also chosen to cut down my intake of food, in reaction to my blog of becoming suicidal over gaining 5K in 4 months.

The thing is, it seems like suddenly you deny yourself of that yummy apple multi grain muffin in Starbucks, those teeny tiny m&m's in 7-11, that take-my-breath-away cheesecake at the coffee shop and suddenly all you can think about is the sweet taste of the muffin crumbling into your mouth, the m&m's melting on your tongue the strawberry sweetness of the cheesecake tantalising your taste buds - argh!!

And so, I sit in my office, at my desk, drinking a can of coke light, knowing full well that when I meet Manc for dinner later, I will, undoubtedly share a slice of cheesecake with her at Delicious. Besides, it's soft, there isn't much else on the menu I could eat anyway :P

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."