Monday, May 11, 2009

Atishoooooooooo!

If one more person sneezes or coughs without covering their mouth I may very well just go up to them and lick their face.

Why don't Asians (and I'm sorry, it is Asians) cover their mouths when sneezing and coughing? I mean, I have to say, I don't even think about it, it's like an auto reflex - you go to cough or sneeze and your hands automatically come up to cover your mouth. I guess its just how i was brought up. No elbows on the dinner table, cover your mouth when you sneeze, say please and thank you etc etc.

I was on a boat on the way to a snorkling trip in Langkawi when the chap next to me suddenly did an almighty sneeze and to my shock, I felt the spray of his spit/ snot/ whatever crap was in his mouth land all down my bare arm and leg. I froze, and turned to my friend in dismay and said "eeeuuuwwwhhh that man just sneezed on me" she half laughed/ half looked disgusted and offered me a tissue. I was mortified. But as usual, my reaction to actually respond to him directly was too slow and so I said to my friend, if he's sneezes on me again I'm going to yell at him! but he didn't. And for the sake of proving a point, I kind of wish he had of done.

I never cover my mouth when i yawn.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."