Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Final Countdown

16th June... 16th June... My braces are coming off... 16th June! CONFIRMATIVE!

That's... 4 weeks! That's... 28 days! That's... 912 hours! That's... 54,720 minutes!!

(I'm a little bit excited)

Went to the dentist this morning and wearing those god-awful elastics has paid off - we're nearly there! I can stop wearing the elastics by my next appointment 29th May (my last day at work) which is a relief as I won't have to worry about sporting them (and the pain) round Vietnam and HK. He put an extra "support track" on top of the top teeth today to keep everything tight (it's another clear elastic) and didn't tighten any of the wires (thank the Lord).

I asked him today about the fitted retainer as was feeling apprehensive about what it's going to be like, seeing as I'll have to wear it 2-5 years. He showed me on the clays of my old teeth - ergh! It's just a small/ thin wire that is literally molded to the back of the teeth (first 4-6 of top and bottom) just to keep them in place. It cannot be seen and barely felt. Then I only have to wear the clear fitted retainer at night. I'm going to wear it FOREVER. I haven't gone through this much to just forget about it and have my teeth go back to the way they were.

I'm soooooooooooooooooooo excited. Cannot express in words. My final appointment is at 9.30am on the 16th June :):):)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."