Sunday, May 3, 2009

Yes Miss

KiwiBoy is asleep on my sofa snoring softly and I don't wanna wake him, the guy needs serious quality sleep... let him doze even though it's 1pm. Using the opportunity and forced quiet time to read about Graduate Teacher Programs (GTP) on line.

Although I'm not 100% sure this is the right (do we ever really know what is right though?) career move, it seems to be the most sensible choice... reasoning listed below...

- I like kids
- I like teaching and have experience in it
- I can get paid at the same time as studying
- Pay is OK (about 15K whilst still in training)
- The qualification can be used world-wide (thinking ahead, in case I decide I wanna move back out to Asia)
- 2.1 Million people have been made unemployed in the UK which doesn't bode well career wise (but teaching posts are ALWAYS ready and waiting).
- Encourages me to take my trip to Africa in the interim period over the summer as the course/ work will not commence until September
- Good working hours and LONG holidays (can come back to Malaysia and be a bum for 6 weeks a yr) :P

After mulling over it for several weeks it really does seem like the most logical choice, I think I'll enjoy it and the skills that I gain from it can be used anywhere in the world which is the real main advantage. And hey, if it's not for me it's only another year gone by, with another experience tried out for size. It won't be a year wasted.

Anyway I have applied on line to have the first lot of info to be sent to me... although I'm unsure if it's too late for me to get my position up and running for the 2009-10 year, fingers crossed I can. Then again, as I always believe. if it's meant to be, it will happen.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."